Global Leadership in Addressing Chronic Disease
Medtronic actively pursues strategies that improve the awareness, availability, and affordability of effective treatments in both advanced and developing countries.
All highlights are from fiscal year 2012.
- Improve global patient access to Medtronic products
- Strengthen health systems globally
- Reach 25 million patients by 2020 Our Progress: Acting on our business imperative to globalize, we continued to expand our reach in emerging markets. In the past year, the company grew 21 percent in emerging markets and more than eight million people worldwide relied on our therapies.
- Train healthcare professionals in low- and middle-income countries in chronic disease care Our Progress: We continue to increase the availability of care in emerging markets through corporate and Foundation investments in healthcare professional education and training.
- Reduce deaths from sudden cardiac arrest by 50 percent over five years (FY2011–FY2015) in five partner states